Who doesn’t love a good carry along snack? These protein balls are full of omega 3’s which boost our brain health. They’re perfect for anytime of day as a quick breakfast with coffee or tea or a nice afternoon snack. The best part is that they travel well and don’t melt. So many of the “fat bomb” keto snacks melt in minutes, but not these!
The best part of this recipe is that it’s versatile.! You can swap out the 1 cup of nuts and seeds to anything you like. I do recommend that you keep the nuts to 1/2 of the whole cup. You need the nut oils to bind the balls but the recipe turns out just fine when using just seeds. Otherwise, you may need to make adjustments and add more nut butter or a little honey to help it stick
These are addictive but not sweet which makes them on of my favourites!
- 1 cup Nuts & Seeds Walnuts, Pumpkin and Sunflower seeds
- 4 Majool Dates - Pitted
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter or Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 3 tbsp Cacao
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds + more for rolling
- In a small food processor mix nuts, seeds until well blended
- Add majool dates to nut mixture and blend
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until a soft ball forms
- Using hands, form balls and roll in extra hemp seeds
- Let rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Store refrigerated in a covered container.